The Boy Who Fooled the World
New from the author of The Goldfish Boy, this is funny, it’s sad and it’ll stay in your heart forever. The tale of a boy, and the picture he made in art class, and a white lie that spirals totally out of control. Cole’s family are struggling to make ends meet. He’s the odd one out at school, where all the other kids have the latest gadgets and trainers. Until the day a painting he did at school is spotted, and sold in a posh London gallery for thousands of pounds. Suddenly, Cole is the toast of the art world. He’s hailed as a boy genius, the star guest on TV shows and rich beyond his wildest dreams. Being famous is FANTASTIC! Cole alone knows that he’s trapped in a huge web of lies. Can he break free? Is he brave enough to bring it all crashing down around him?
- A magical middle-grade mystery by a brilliant rising star
- Heart, humour, a page-turning plot and a hero you’ll love
- Ideal for fans of Ross Welford and Frank Cottrell-Boyce
- Lisa Thompson is the bestselling author of The Goldfish Boy
- She also wrote The Day I Was Erased and The Light Jar